World Health Organization’s Medical Officer in the Diarrheal Diseases Control Programme, Olivier Fontaine, M.D., Joins Entrinsic Health Solutions’ Scientific Advisory Board
Boston, MA (June 1, 2015): Entrinsic Health Solutions, an innovative health sciences company, announced today that Olivier Fontaine, MD, MS, FACP, has joined as a member of the Company’s esteemed Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Fontaine is a recognized global thought leader in the area of pediatric and adolescent diarrheal diseases serving as Medical Officer, responsible for research in the clinical management of Diarrheal Diseases for the World Health Organization (WHO), a position he has held for nearly three decades.
Dr. Olivier Fontaine joined the World Health Organization in 1987 as a Medical Officer in the Programme for the Control of Diarrheal Diseases (CDD), where he led the Organization’s research on the clinical management of diarrhea. Many of today’s diarrheal treatments are direct result of Dr. Fontaine’s research efforts at WHO. Dr. Fontaine is also a specialist in Clinical Research and Molecular Biology with nearly 40 years experience in research. Prior to joining the WHO, he worked for five years in France, initially in clinical research at the Hôpital Laennec (Paris), and then in Molecular Biology at the Hôpital Necker (Paris). Previously, Dr. Fontaine held a post at Yale University, Department of Internal Medicine, conducting research to investigate the mechanism of action of hormones and vitamins. Dr. Fontaine also worked in Senegal for the “Institut de Recherche pour le Développement” (IRD, Paris-France) to conduct research projects in hospital based clinical research and field epidemiological research on diarrheal diseases.
Dr. Fontaine received a medical degree from the University Paris V (Hôpital Necker), Paris – France. He received his MSc in Molecular Biology from University Paris VI Jussieu, Paris – France, and in Nutrition from the “Centre National des Arts et Métiers”, Paris- France.
“Dr. Fontaine’s research on diarrheal diseases has had a profound impact on diarrheal management and we are delighted to welcome him to our advisory board,” commented Stephen J. Gatto, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for Entrinsic Health. “His perspectives on the causes, treatment and management of diarrhea will be of tremendous value as we continue to make rapid strides towards developing and commercializing products for gastrointestinal health and wellness.”
Dr. Fontaine joins other notable members of Entrinsic Health Solutions’ Scientific Advisory Board including:
- Henry J. Binder, MD, Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board, Professor Emeritus of and Senior Research Scientist in Medicine (Digestive Diseases), Yale School of Medicine
- Daniel B. Dennison, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer, Enterade USA
- Charles Fuchs, MD, Chief of the Gastrointestinal Oncology Division at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School
- Dr. Gary R. Morrow, Ph.D., MS, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Professor of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Paul Okunieff, MD, Founder, Enterade USA, Professor and Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida
- Sadasivan Vidyasagar, MD, Ph.D., Founder, Enterade USA, Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florida
About Entrinsic Health
Entrinsic Health Solutions LLC, is an innovative health sciences company advancing patient care and wellness through health and nutritional sciences. Our mission is to provide products that help people realize a better quality of life by providing solutions to optimize gastrointestinal health in times of sickness as well as through top performance periods.
Please visit us at www.entrinsichealth.com or visit www.enterade.com
For more information: